Meal Plan Monday - May 15




Since reading The Daniel Plan, I've been motivated to make some changes to my family's diet. I knew that it would effect our grocery budget, and that we wouldn't be able to afford to make all the changes that are recommended in the book. What we can do, though, is eat as healthy as possible within our budget.

One of the changes that I want to make to our diet is to add more fruits and vegetables and to eat a greater variety. I'm going to try to focus more on nonstarchy vegetables, low-sugar fruits and superfoods. I was able to buy a lot of produce on sale this week. I spent a total of $82.20.



Apples, broccoli and spaghetti squash are all on sale for $.99/lb. this week. A coworker shared this Lemon Chicken and Spaghetti Squash recipe with me and I'm excited to try it this week!



Here's our menu for this week:

Breakfast

Cereal
Whole Wheat Blueberry Waffles with ground flaxseed
Greek Yogurt with oats, grapefruit and honey
Omelet, toast with peanut butter
Homemade Instant Oatmeal with frozen blueberries
Bagels, bananas

Dinner

Mexican Chopped Tuna Salad
Spaghetti with alfredo sauce, peas
Roast Chicken Tacos with Creamy Chipotle-Lime Sauce*, green beans
Chinese Chicken Salad with Creamy Ginger-Orange Dressing*
Lemon Chicken and Spaghetti Squash, broccoli
Meatloaf Veggie Muffins, green beans, corn
Leftovers


*recipe from The Daniel Plan Cookbook

2 comments :

Entre puntadas e hilos said...

The chicken recipe looks tasty and healthy. I'll try it today, thanks for the link

Vanessa said...

I hope you enjoy the recipe!