How I Saved This Week



I cooked the extra turkey we bought at Thanksgiving and made turkey broth to use in our meals this week.

I made Vegetable Barley Soup with green beans from our garden that I froze last summer and one cup of the beans that I cooked and froze two weeks ago. I also had enough turkey broth to use in this recipe. It was very good! The recipe I used made a large pot of soup - we have a lot of leftovers that I will be able to use for lunch for several days next week.


I made a mini card and envelope to give with the gift I purchased last week. I used scraps of cardstock that I had saved from other projects.

I price matched cereal at Walmart and used coupons and paid $1.50 each. I also bought packages of English muffins at the bread store for just $.50 each.

I gave our younger son a hair cut.

The boys and I went to the library and borrowed several books.


How did you save this week?

0 comments :