Meal Plan Monday - January 9





This week I spent a total of $60.20 on groceries:


$40.14 at Hannaford. (Not shown are milk, bananas, and butter)



Chicken was on sale for $.99/lb. and green peppers were only $.88/lb at Food City. Total spent: $9.78.



I picked up a couple of things at Walmart and one of the boys used a coupon from his Christmas Coupon Book to choose a cereal. Total spent: $7.19.

I also brought three loaves of bread at the bread store for $3.09.



My meal plan for this week:


Breakfast

Cold cereal
Homemade granola
Bagels
Homemade instant oatmeal with raisins and/or blueberries from the freezer

Dinner

Chicken Taco Salad, cantaloupe

Oven Baked Fajitas, carrot sticks

Cornbread Chicken Casserole made with Copycat Jiffy Cornbread Muffin Mix

Vegetable Fried Rice, Yogurt Biscuits

Chicken with Sauteed Mushrooms served over rice, peas, leftover yogurt biscuits

Breakfast for dinner: Blueberry Pancakes, Meatless Hash (with green peppers), eggs

Split Pea Soup/Leftover night - I froze the ham bone from our Christmas ham to make split pea soup, but not everyone in our family likes it, so we will also have leftovers.



Get other meal plan ideas at Menu Plan Monday.

2 comments :

Jenn in Indiana said...

I am going to add the Baked Fajitas and Cornbread Chicken Casserole to my meal plan. I think I have everything already to make these so I am glad to have found some new ideas. For the baked fajitas do you drain the Rotel? I read through the comments and one person said you do and then another said its not necessary, just wondering what you do?

Vanessa said...

I usually serve the Baked Fajitas over rice, so I don't drain the liquid because it adds extra flavor to the rice. This week we're going to make fajitas with it, so I will drain most of the liquid so that it isn't too messy.