How I Saved This Week



I used the Amazon gift card that I purchased with Swagbucks last week to order a gift. I also signed up for a 30-day free trial of Prime so that I could get free shipping.

The free Prime trial also includes 30-days of free Amazon Video. One of the gifts we received last Christmas was a Roku and we've set up Amazon Video on our Roku to watch for free during the trial. I've marked the date that I need to cancel Prime on my calendar so that I will be sure that we won't be charged after the trial period.

I entered my receipts on Savings Catcher and was refunded $.44. I haven't been very consistent in entering my receipts, but I want to try to remember to do this every week.

I cooked a 1 pound bag of beans. I used some of them in recipes this week and froze the rest. 

We ate meals at home 6 days this week. The boys and I helped at a community dinner one afternoon and were able to have dinner there.


Last month I had a mishap with my Crock Pot and had to throw it away. It was a wedding gift 12 years ago and I used it many, many times over the years. I decided that I could live without one, since recently I had only been using it to cook whole chicken and make chicken broth.

I found this Crock Pot in the clearance aisle at Walmart for $25 (reg. price $49.95). It is smaller than my old one, but it will be plenty big enough for our family and is big enough to cook a whole chicken. Buying chicken broth has proven to be quite expensive, so I am excited to start making my own chicken broth again!


How did you save this week?

2 comments :

Jenn in Indiana said...

I had to chuckle when you said you had a "mishap" with your crockpot. I too have had many of those through the years! That is a great price. I think I saw those at my Walmart, is that the one that you can hook up to your smartphone? I love how light and airy your kitchen is. I would love to own a table like that. Ours is so beat up and looks terrible. Have a great week!

Vanessa said...

The Crock Pot I found on clearance isn't one of the smartphone Crock Pots, but I'm ok with that since I don't have a smartphone anyway. :) It does have optional automatic stirring, which I think will be nice to have if I am using the Crock Pot when I'm not home.

Our table is actually the table that my husband's grandparents used. It has some small scratches, but has held up well to many years of use and we are very thankful to have it.