How I Saved This Week




My older son brought his backpack home from school with a broken zipper.  I thought we were going to have to buy a new backpack, but I was able to fix it, and I'm hoping that he will be able to use it for the rest of the school year.

I made Whole Wheat Banana Nut Muffins with very ripe bananas that needed to be used up. I made a few changes to the recipe - instead of using maple syrup, I used 1/4 cup of honey. I also substituted the butter with equal parts applesauce and plain yogurt. They tasted really good and was a nice change to our breakfast menu.

I price matched at Walmart.

A few of the sale prices I found while shopping for next week's menu were boneless, skinless chicken for $1.29/lb., broccoli for $.99/lb and solid white tuna for $.99 each.

I used online bill pay to pay bills.

I made Split Pea Soup with the frozen ham bone from our Christmas ham.

We ate dinner at home every night this week and I made one meatless meal.

My husband and children borrowed books from the library.


How did you save this week?

0 comments :