How I Saved This Week - September 10




This week was a very busy week for us and most of our savings this week were from the little everyday things that we do to save money.

I worked four days this week as a substitute teacher and was offered a long term substitute position at one of the schools in our district. I'm not sure how long I will have this job - it could be 2 weeks or 2 months - but we have a plan for the extra income so that we are "telling our money where to go" as Dave Ramsey puts it. In our experience, money seems to disappear pretty quickly if we don't have a plan ahead of time.

My husband and I brought a lunch to work everyday.

There were a lot of new coupons on coupons.com for the new month. Here are two good prices that I got at Walmart with coupons:

Kraft String Cheese 3 pack $1.00
-$1.00 off 1 any Kraft String Cheese
Final Price: FREE

Yoplait Yogurt 8 pack $3.98
-$1.00 off 1 Yoplait 8-pack
Final Price: $2.98 or $.34 each

I also found sticker packs with over 100 stickers on sale for $.20, packs of buttons on sale for $.50 each and pencil pouches for $.25 at Walmart that I will include in the Operation Christmas Child shoe boxes that we are packing this year.

As the days get shorter and the nights get cooler, the garden is producing less and less each week. We picked 16 tomatoes, 6 cucumbers, 3 zucchini, lots of carrots and cherry tomatoes and our first banana pepper this week. I'm disappointed that we won't have enough peppers this year to make pickled banana peppers. I'll have to try again next year!


How did you save this week?

0 comments :