How I Saved Last Week


We picked tomatoes, cherry tomatoes and carrots from the garden. I made Roasted Tomato Sauce with some of the tomatoes that we picked.

Work and the start of soccer season kept me very busy last week. Soccer practices are during our dinner time so I'm going to try some new slow cooker recipes over the next several weeks to make meal preparation quicker and easier.  Last week we tried Crockpot Zucchini Chicken Parmesan. I used left over chicken from another meal to make chicken corn chowder and I made biscuits. Even though we were very busy week, we were able to eat dinner at home 6 nights last week.

I made Oatmeal Molasses Bread to give as a thank you gift.

Rite Aid had some great deals on cereal last week. After coupons, I paid just $1.24 and $1.49 for cereal.

I also used a coupon from the Rite Aid flyer to get a reusable shopping bag for free.

If you've been reading my blog for a while, you probably know that I'm always looking for clearance items that I can add to the Operation Christmas Child shoe boxes. Rite Aid had school supplies on clearance right by the entrance! I found pads of paper for $.25 and pencil sharpeners for $.24. I was so excited to find the pencil sharpeners since I like to send one in every box with pencils.

At Walmart I found 12 packs of pencils and colored pencils for $.50 that I will also include in the OCC shoe boxes.

We received a reimbursement from our HRA. We put the money in our savings account to replace some of the money that we used to pay for several vehicle repairs we have had in the last month.

The Primary School that our younger son attends has a free produce distribution once a month. Our son was given a watermelon and tomatoes to bring home.


How did you save last week?

0 comments :