How I Saved This Week - July 16





The garden looks great and it looks like we'll be harvesting zucchini, green beans and cherry tomatoes next week! We finally had some rain this week and was able to use water from our rain barrel to water the garden.

I used a coupon at Rite Aid and paid $.99 for laundry detergent that was on sale. The bottles were small, but the detergent is very concentrated, so I only need to use a small amount per load. I think I will get at least double the amount of loads that is recommended on the bottle.

I hung laundry out on the clothesline to dry.

Temperatures were in the 80s and 90s this week with very high humidity. We turned the air conditioner on and set the temperature to 75 degrees. At this temperature, the air conditioner runs in the afternoons, but very little in the mornings and early afternoon.

I bought eggs for $.77 during a one day sale, and I bought bread at the bread store for just $1.03 per loaf.

There was an 11% increase in our water rates this quarter. We were very happy to see that our bill was the same as last quarter and didn't increase with the rate increase. We've been trying to be more careful about our water usage and it seems to have made a small difference!


How did you save this week?

0 comments :