How I Saved This Week - June 11




This week I made thank you cards for the boys to give with the gift I made for their teachers.

Our older son needed a jar for a school project. I took the label off an old spaghetti jar that I had saved.

Our younger son found directions for making a bouncy ball and asked to make one. I had all the ingredients except glue, which was just $.44 at Walmart. Our experiment turned out to be more like flubber than a bouncy ball, but he had a great time playing with it.

I went to a Women's Ministry event at church this week and a few ladies mentioned that they used Walmart's Savings Catcher program. When the program first came out, I didn't really think that it would save that much money, but one of the ladies said that she saved around $50 last year! I entered my first receipt today and I'm anxious to see how much money I'll save by the end of the year.

I planted another row of carrots in the garden and noticed tiny zucchini, cucumber and green bean plants. We had a very strong thunderstorm with a little bit of hail, but thankfully there wasn't any damage in the garden.

I made banana cake in order to use up some very ripe bananas and I made strawberry rhubarb pie with the rhubarb that was given to us last week. I froze the leftover rhubarb.

English muffins were on sale for $.50/pkg. at the bread store.


How was your week?


2 comments :

Jenn in Indiana said...

Not sure how much shopping you do at Walmart but I think you will be surprised at how much you save. I usually save a few cents to a couple dollars a week. It doesn't seem like a lot but it does add up. I don't have a smart phone so I just do it online, no big deal. Let us know how you like it. Sounds like you had a productive week! Our garden has been growing great, if we can just keep our chickens out!

Vanessa said...

I didn't save any money on my first Walmart receipt, but I'll keep trying! Have a great week!