How I Saved This Week - June 4




This week I planted cucumbers, zucchini and green beans in the garden. I also planted lettuce in a pallet garden that I made a few weeks ago. It's a little late to plant lettuce here, but I planted romaine lettuce which grows better in warm weather than other lettuce varieties.

My husband planted the tomato seedlings that we purchased in our tomato buckets. He planted nine Early Girl, nine Celebrity and eight cherry tomato seedlings. We are hoping for a good harvest so that we will have lots of salsa and Roasted Tomato Sauce and, of course, lots of fresh tomatoes to eat!

Peaches were on sale this week for $.99/lb. I bought some extras to make peach freezer jam.

My sister-in-law gave us some rhubarb.

I sauteed some chicken that had been in the refrigerator for a few days and used it in the stir fry I made this week.

I realized a few days before a wedding that my older son needed dress shoes. My mom found a pair for just $1.50 at Goodwill. They weren't a perfect fit, but they were in excellent condition and were fine for the few hours that we were at the wedding.

A free can of Fancy Feast cat food that I signed up for about two weeks ago came in the mail this week.

I cut our younger son's hair.


How was your week?

0 comments :