How I Saved This Week - May 7



The new flooring was installed this week and we love it! This is a project that I have wanted to do since we bought our home over 10 years ago, but each year other projects and needs became more of a priority. Since we are committed to staying out of debt (besides our mortgage), we waited until we were able to pay cash for this project. Even though it was a long wait, we are able to enjoy our home without any new debt and worry about how to pay for it.

I bought two pair of jeans for my older son from the local Facebook sell and swap page. I paid $5 each for jeans that look just like new. I paid for them with the money that I earned a few weeks ago by selling toys on Facebook.

One day while I was in town with my younger son, I stopped at the ice cream stand and bought him an ice cream cone. I had enough punches on my rewards card to get a free ice cream cone for myself. 

We borrowed the movie '33' from the library and my husband and I enjoyed watching it together.

I downloaded free ebooks to my free Kindle for PC app.

Cinnamon swirl bread was only $.75 each at the discount bread store. I also bought whole wheat bread for a little over $1 each.

I price matched at Walmart and was able to get a box of cereal for $.75 with a coupon. I also bought cereal at Dollar General for $1.50 each and found some bars of soap on sale with a coupon right on the package. I paid $.33 each with the sale and coupon.

I cooked the extra chicken that I purchased last month for $.88/lb. I have been using the chicken in meals and sandwiches. I also made chicken stock in the crock pot with the chicken scraps and vegetable peels that I saved in the freezer.

We paid extra towards the mortgage principle with our May payment.

I gave the boys a hair cut.


How did you save this week?

2 comments :

Jenn in Indian said...

I am so glad you finally got your new carpet. I bet it's just beautiful! Hope you have a wonderful and blessed Mother's Day!

Vanessa said...

Thanks, Jenn. Happy Mother's Day to you!