How I Saved This Week - April 16




Before the new flooring can be installed, we have to move everything to the basement and it has been a great motivator to clear as much clutter as possible. The boys helped declutter their room. A lot of toys went to Goodwill, but I did save a few things to list for sale on Facebook.



This week I spent a lot of time finishing up a baby sweater for a baby shower gift. It took more time than I expected, but I really like how it turned out. While we were packing things up this week, I filled a whole laundry basket full of yarn. I have A LOT of yarn (should I admit that there is more in the basement?) and realized that I need to find a use for it! I think my next project will be for Operation Christmas Child shoe boxes.

I bought two whole chickens this week for $.88/lb. I put one in the freezer and made Whole Chicken in the Crock Pot with the other. I used the chicken scraps and veggie peels that I saved in the freezer to make chicken stock in the crock pot.

I think (hope!) that spring is here to stay and we have started putting kitchen scraps in the compost again.

I found another use for bread ends! Did you know that you can use them to soften brown sugar? I put the brown sugar in a zipper bag with the bread ends and a few days later I had brown sugar that I could use again!

Our older son won 2 movie tickets during a reading program at his school last summer. He gave one ticket to his brother and we took the boys to see Jungle Book. The two tickets also included a free popcorn and drink.


How did you save this week?

2 comments :

Anonymous said...

I would love to know where you got the sweater pattern. It's beautiful!

Vanessa said...

Here is a link to the sweater pattern: http://www.garnstudio.com/pattern.php?id=4577&cid=17. I made the sweater a little different than the pattern...instead of crocheting the front band with buttonholes on the fan pattern section of the sweater, I crocheted the fan pattern all the way around.