Simply Saving Saturday - January 30




After entering all our transactions into EveryDollar for this month, we are over budget for the month of January.  It wasn't a surprise to us since we paid for two home repairs and a very expensive vehicle repair. We will use income from previous months and money from our savings account, if needed, to cover the difference. Hopefully we'll be able to stay on track next month!

I didn't have a lot of savings this week besides the every day things that we do, but here are a few savings from this week:

I worked four days this week and my husband and I both took lunches to work every day.

We borrowed several books and a movie from the library.

I used Swagbucks to purchase a $25 Walmart gift card.

My husband used his Irving Rewards and paid $1.79 per gallon of gas for one fill up. We are very thankful to see gas and oil prices going down this year.  While everything seems to be increasing, that is one budget item that is decreasing!

We used a gift card to eat out.

I gave the boys a haircut.

I bought bread at the bread store for $1.03/loaf and English muffins for $.99/pkg.

We ate popcorn that I made on the stovetop while we watched the AFC Championship Game.


How did you save this week?

1 comments :

Blogger said...

ClixSense is a very popular work from home website.