Simply Saving Saturday - January 23




We signed up for a free offer from Dish Network for four free movie channels for a month.

I cooked a big pot of pinto beans and I added them to four of the meals that we ate this week.  Three meals this week were meatless meals.

Whole chicken was on sale for $.88/lb. last week.  I bought two and put one in the freezer and cooked the other in the crockpot.  I also made chicken stock with the chicken scraps.

I saved veggie scraps and froze them to make chicken stock.

I made banana muffins with the very ripe bananas that I froze a few weeks ago and reused the freezer bag that the bananas were in.

Thanks to a free graphic found online and a photo editing program, I was able to change the design of the blog for free.


How did you save this week?


2 comments :

Jenn in Indiana said...

I love the new blog design. Your boys are so cute! Also, wanted to say thanks for posting the Dollar General specials. It inspired me to pay more attention to their ad and see what kind of deals I could find. I went there last week and got some wonderful deals on name brand laundry detergent. I was so excited. And the very nice cashier was very helpful in helping me with the digital coupons. She told me that you can use a digital and a manufactures, as long as the digital doesn't say "manufactures" on it too. So hopefully I can increase my stockpiles by going there.

Vanessa said...

That's great. I'm glad you found some good deals!