Meal Plan Monday - January 18




I cooked a big pot of pinto beans and plan to use them in several recipes this week including the Cheesy Vegetarian Chili Mac that we are trying for the first time. Instead of using a whole cup of cheese in that recipe, I will just sprinkle a little bit on top of each serving. Using less cheese will make this recipe a little more inexpensive, and will be a better option for our heart healthy diet.

Another way I plan to make our meals a little less expensive this week is by adding beans to the hamburger for tacos.  The leftover hamburger that was not used to make tacos will be used as a topping for the pizza.  I will also make my own taco seasoning for the tacos.  I have tried many taco seasoning recipes and this recipe is my favorite. I do leave out the salt for our heart healthy diet.


Cheesy Vegetarian Chili Mac, cornbread

Super Sloppy Joes, salad

Taco Chicken Bowls, Yogurt Biscuits, orange slices

Tacos

Homemade pizza with whole wheat crust

Classic Minestrone

Black Bean and Sweet Potato Quesadillas, apple slices



Get more meal plan ideas at Menu Plan Monday.

2 comments :

Jenn in Indiana said...

Looks like a yummy week! Are you going to be affected by the storm hitting the east coast? I can't remember what state you live in but I thought you said a New England state at one time? I am glad that I live in Northern Indiana right now!

Vanessa said...

I live in Maine and the storm is going to miss us here. Thankfully it is moving to the Northeast and going out to sea. I think I heard that Southern Maine had a small amount of snow, but most of Maine, including my area, won't be affected.