Simply Saving Saturday - December 5





I picked the rest of the carrots this week.  We had a mild November, so I was able to leave the last of the carrots in the garden a little longer than I had planned.

We ate many turkey meals using the turkey that I roasted last week.  We still have some left!

A few great deals I found this week were Halls Cough Drop bags for $.20 each at Rite Aid and Lysol Dininfecting Wipes, Cabot cheese, confectioners sugar and brown sugar for $1 each.  The price for brown sugar is usually around $1.88 here, so I stocked up on brown sugar and bought enough confectioners sugar for birthday cakes and a batch or two of whoopie pies next year.

I have been trying to be more careful about food waste by freezing leftovers that I know I won't use right away, but our little freezer over the refrigerator is full. My husband and I are considering buying a freezer and putting it in the basement. It would be so nice to have when I make salsa and freezer jam and freeze produce from our garden.  If we can find a good deal on one, we think this will be a good long term investment.


Our on-going savings:

**Freeze leftovers that I won't use right away.

**Set the thermostat to 62 degrees at night and 66 degrees during the day.

**Wash laundry in cold water.

**Use online bill pay to pay our bills.

**Earn Swag Bucks for gift cards that I use to buy gifts.

**Earn Recyclebank points for gift cards, coupons and free magazine subscriptions.

**Earn Bing Rewards points for gift cards, Hulu Plus subscription, Skype credits, etc.

**Husband takes lunch to work everyday.

**Turn lights off when not being used.

**Use scrap paper for notes and lists.

**Buy less cereal and eat oatmeal and other homemade breakfasts several times a week.

**Reuse plastic and paper shopping bags for small trash and recycling.

1 comments :

Blogger said...

NeoBux is a very popular get-paid-to website.