Simply Saving Saturday - December 19




Our family borrowed several books from the library and we returned all our books on time so that we didn't have to pay any late fees.  We have had to pay late fees recently so we are making an extra effort to return our books on or before the due date.  I even have the due date written on the calendar!

Some of the deals I picked up this week were FREE Gillette shave gel at Hannaford and Skippy Peanut Butter for $.90 and Chex cereal for $1.00 at Food City.

I made a few more cards this week with cardstock and scrapbook supplies that I had on hand.  I used a 55% off coupon at A.C. Moore to purchase cardstock and paid just $1.80 for a pack of 50.

I downloaded a free crochet pattern.

Thanks to a tip from a reader, I looked for discounted Italian bread at Walmart and found some for just $.50.  I used half of the loaf to make garlic bread and froze the other half.

This week I shared the Clothespin Snowflake Ornaments that I made for our Christmas tree.  If you missed the post you find it here.

How did you save this week?


Our on-going savings:

**Freeze leftovers that I won't use right away.

**Set the thermostat to 62 degrees at night and 66 degrees during the day.

**Wash laundry in cold water.

**Use online bill pay to pay our bills.

**Earn Swag Bucks for gift cards that I use to buy gifts.

**Earn Recyclebank points for gift cards, coupons and free magazine subscriptions.

**Earn Bing Rewards points for gift cards, Hulu Plus subscription, Skype credits, etc.

**Husband takes lunch to work everyday.

**Turn lights off when not being used.

**Use scrap paper for notes and lists.

**Buy less cereal and eat oatmeal and other homemade breakfasts several times a week.

**Reuse plastic and paper shopping bags for small trash and recycling.

5 comments :

Terri Cheney said...

I save my bread end pieces too..Now I need to think of a way to use up the current lot. I have plenty of bread crumbs and croutons at present. Must get creative!

Sounds like you had a great frugal week. Keep Saving!

Vanessa said...

I have made homemade shake and bake and even bread pudding with them!

Sheila said...

I have not made these, but remembered this from the Tightwad Gazette. http://www.thriftyfun.com/tf64866920.tip.html Breadcrumb cookies. :)

Vanessa said...

I have never heard of breadcrumb cookies! Thank you for sharing the recipe.

Blogger said...

NeoBux is a very recommended work from home site.