Meal Plan Monday - December 7





I've planned some easy meals for our busy week.  This week I am making garlic bread with some of the hamburger buns that I bought for $.75 a few weeks ago at our local discount bread store.  If you've never made garlic bread with hamburger buns, I highly recommend it!

Spread a little bit of butter on the buns, add garlic powder and top it with a little bit of cheese and broil them in the oven until they are golden brown.  They are crispy on the outside and soft and chewy in the middle.  Delicious!

Here's our menu for this week:


Hamburgers

Spaghetti, garlic bread made with hamburger buns

Corn Chowder, yogurt biscuits

Honey Soy Baked Chicken Thighs, green beans

Pizza made with whole wheat crust, carrot sticks

Chicken Breast with Sauteed Mushrooms

Butternut Mac & Cheese



Get other meal plan ideas at Menu Plan Monday.

2 comments :

Jenn in Indiana said...

We have used reduced hamburger and hot dog buns to make garlic bread for along time. It really does save a ton of money when you can get bread for 25 cents! I also like to look at the reduced bread at Walmart. Sometimes I can find loaves of French bread marked down to 60 cents. If I don't use them for garlic bread then I usually turn them into French toast.

Vanessa said...

Thank you for the tip about the bread at Walmart. I sometimes scan the reduced bread, but I don't think I've ever seen the price that low. I'll have to check it again!