Clothespin Snowflake Ornament


There is something about the Christmas season that always puts me in the mood to get crafty and I love making my own Christmas ornaments. I love these clothespin ornaments because of their simplicity and how easy they are to put together.  

Supplies:

8 clothespins
craft glue
acrylic paint
paintbrushes
glitter and embellishments
string, twine or ribbon
hot glue gun




Remove the springs from the clothespins, and with the craft glue, glue the straight sides of the two pieces together.




Use craft glue to glue four pieces together and then glue four more pieces in each of the corners, as shown above.



Now just paint and add embellishments (I recommend using two coats of paint if you are painting your snowflakes white as they can become discolored over time.) After the paint has dried, use the hot glue gun to glue a string or ribbon onto the back of the snowflake for a hanger.

There are so many ways that these ornaments can be decorated. I think they would be beautiful painted in gold or silver.  The mini clothespins would make adorable mini-sized snowflakes for ornaments or to add to Christmas gifts.  For the above snowflake, I used a paintbrush to paint glue onto the snowflake and added a little bit of fine white glitter.  In the first picture, I used a hot glue gun to add scrabble letters to spell "joy". 

If you try this project, I would love to see a picture!  Pictures can be sent to vanessasvalues [at] hotmail [dot] com.





Shared on Motivation Monday.

0 comments :