Simply Saving Saturday - November 28




What a great week we had this week! We had a wonderful Thanksgiving with some of my husband's extended family and our whole family is enjoying time off from work and school. We didn't have Thanksgiving at our house, but I roasted a turkey this weekend and made broth for meals next week. We were also given a turkey that we put in the freezer.

I printed a free Thanksgiving Tree printable. It can be put into a frame and used all year long!

I downloaded a free ebook to my Kindle for PC on my laptop. The Kindle for PC is free to download and I occasionally check Bethany House and The Vessel Project for free ebooks. I also follow my favorite authors on Facebook, who sometimes share when one of their books can be downloaded for free.

I am so thankful that I am able to print coupons again. I've been able to get some really great deals using printable coupons. My favorite find this week was Softlips Cube in the clearance aisle at Walmart for $1.50. I used a $2.00 printable coupon to get it for free!

I froze some unused tomato paste in an ice cube tray and put the cubes in a freezer bag to keep in the freezer.

The bread store had an overstock of hamburger buns and I was able to get a 12 pk. of hamburger buns for just $.75.  I also picked up bread for $1.03 per loaf and a package of English muffins for $.99.

I used Dollar General digital coupons for the first time this week and I love how easy it is. I also really like the fact that I am saving on paper since I don't have to print the coupons out.

How were you able to save this week?


Our on-going savings:

**Set the thermostat to 62 degrees at night and 66 degrees during the day.

**Wash laundry in cold water.

**Use online bill pay to pay our bills.

**Earn Swag Bucks for gift cards that I use to buy gifts.

**Earn Recyclebank points for gift cards, coupons and free magazine subscriptions.

**Earn Bing Rewards points for gift cards, Hulu Plus subscription, Skype credits, etc.

**Husband takes lunch to work everyday.

**Turn lights off when not being used.

**Use scrap paper for notes and lists.

**Buy less cereal and eat oatmeal and other homemade breakfasts several times a week.

**Reuse plastic and paper shopping bags for small trash and recycling.

1 comments :

Blogger said...

SwagBucks is a very recommended work from home site.