Simply Saving Saturday - November 21



My mom lives near two different Goodwill stores and shops there often.  I asked her several months ago if she would keep an eye out for the Joy of Cooking cookbook. I was so excited when she found one - and for just $4!

I refilled the foaming hand soap dispenser with a little bit of liquid hand soap that I got on sale last year and mixed with water.

I printed this free Thanksgiving printable on textured paper that I bought many years ago and used a frame I already had for a quick and easy Thanksgiving decor.  I like it so much, though, that I might keep it up even after Thanksgiving!

I froze the extra squash after making Butternut Mac & Cheese to use another time.

One of my husband's coworkers gave us ground lamb to try.

How did you save money this week?


Our on-going savings:

**Set the thermostat to 62 degrees at night and 66 degrees during the day.

**Wash laundry in cold water.

**Use online bill pay to pay our bills.

**Earn Swag Bucks for gift cards that I use to buy gifts.

**Earn Recyclebank points for gift cards, coupons and free magazine subscriptions.

**Earn Bing Rewards points for gift cards, Hulu Plus subscription, Skype credits, etc.

**Husband takes lunch to work everyday.

**Turn lights off when not being used.

**Use scrap paper for notes and lists.

**Buy less cereal and eat oatmeal and other homemade breakfasts several times a week.

**Reuse plastic and paper shopping bags for small trash and recycling.

3 comments :

Jenn in Indiana said...

I would love to know what you think of the lamb, after you try it.

Vanessa said...

I found a Shepherd's Pie recipe that uses lamb that I think I am going to try this week. I'll share how we like it on the next Menu Plan Monday.

Blogger said...

NeoBux is a very recommended work from home site.