Simply Saving Saturday - November 14




This week is Collection Week for Operation Christmas Child, and I have been busy packing our shoeboxes this week.  I was so excited to see the Hot Wheels and Matchbox deal at Dollar General this weekend!  They are Buy One, Get 2 Free and I paid just $.42 each for Hot Wheels and Matchbox cars that will be a perfect gift for Operation Christmas Child shoeboxes.  I also saved a few for stocking stuffers for the boys.

I was able to find many other great grocery prices, thanks to coupons and sales.  I was able to share some of my favorite deals and coupons here on the blog and on Facebook this week, and I will continue to try to post as many as I am able to each week.

I paid $1.03/loaf for bread at the bread store.

With the days getting darker much earlier, we are trying to remember to turn lights off when we aren't using them.  We have also been turning the thermostat down to 62 degrees at night and turning it to 66 degrees during the day.  We've been thankful for the unseasonably warm days we've had this month!

I made my own face cleanser with Castile soap and Witch Hazel mixed with water.  So far, I really like it and my skin feels very soft.

How did you save money this week?


Our on-going savings:

**Wash laundry in cold water.

**Use online bill pay to pay our bills.

**Earn Swag Bucks for gift cards that I use to buy gifts.

**Earn Recyclebank points for gift cards, coupons and free magazine subscriptions.

**Earn Bing Rewards points for gift cards, Hulu Plus subscription, Skype credits, etc.

**Husband takes lunch to work everyday.

**Turn lights off when not being used.

**Use scrap paper for notes and lists.

**Buy less cereal and eat oatmeal and other homemade breakfasts several times a week.

**Reuse plastic and paper shopping bags for small trash and recycling.

1 comments :

Blogger said...

SuperPayMe is the best work from home website.