Simply Saving Saturday - November 7


I don't have many extra savings to report this week since I came down with a bad head cold and most days came home from school, helped the kids with homework, made dinner and went to bed. A couple of days I was asleep before the kids. :)   This week I was so thankful for my husband who took care of some of the errands and chores and helped the boys with their bedtime routine so I could get some extra rest.

I did use our new printer to print coupons and was able to get free Always products and Mini-Wheats cereal for just $1.35 per box using printable coupons from coupons.com.  I'm so excited about this extra savings and I'm hoping to share some of my favorite coupon matchups and deals each week here on the blog.

I also used printable coupons with a sale on Yoplait yogurt and paid just $.23 per single cup.  It was just a small savings, but my husband takes a yogurt to work everyday and I was happy to get such a good price.  I also saved time by price matching at Walmart.

This week I paid our car insurance payment in full in order to avoid the $6 processing fee that is charged with each bill.  This saved us $18.

Last week whole chickens were on sale for just $.88 per pound.  As I write this, I have a chicken in the crock pot and will make chicken broth with the scraps to use in some of our meals next week.

How was your week?


Our on-going savings:

**Wash laundry in cold water.

**Use online bill pay to pay our bills.

**Earn Swag Bucks for gift cards that I use to buy gifts.

**Earn Recyclebank points for gift cards, coupons and free magazine subscriptions.

**Earn Bing Rewards points for gift cards, Hulu Plus subscription, Skype credits, etc.

**Husband takes lunch to work everyday.

**Turn lights off when not being used.

**Use scrap paper for notes and lists.

**Buy less cereal and eat oatmeal and other homemade breakfasts several times a week.

**Reuse plastic and paper shopping bags for small trash and recycling.

1 comments :

Blogger said...

SwagBucks is the best work from home website.