Meal Plan Monday - November 23





We tried Brussels sprouts last week.

I never intended to try Brussels sprouts, but our youngest son noticed them in the grocery store and asked to try them.  Just as I was about to say "no", I remembered that three years ago this son was a picky eater who only wanted to eat chicken nuggets and hot dogs.  This is also the same son who we told had to try everything on his plate.  So, I reluctantly told him we would try them.

This son was also the one who liked Brussels sprouts the most.  He even ate his brother's!  I don't think Brussels sprouts will be a regular part of our menu, but I am glad that we had the opportunity to try something new!

Our menu plan for this week:

Tacos with homemade taco seasoning, cantaloupe

Turkey Tetrazzini, squash, corn

Homemade Shake and Bake Chicken, green beans, mashed potato

One Pot Wonder Stuffed Pepper Skillet, apple slices, carrots sticks

Crockpot Lasagna Soup, salad

Shepherd's Pie, salad

Thanksgiving with family!



Get other meal plan ideas at Menu Plan Monday.


2 comments :

Jenn in Indiana said...

Kids are so funny! I think any child is always more willing to eat something that they had a part in making, at least that is my experience. Have a great Thanksgiving!

Vanessa said...

I hope you and your family also has a wonderful Thanksgiving!