Simply Saving Saturday - October 3




The leaves started changing this week and the temperatures are reminding us that fall is here!  I picked the last two cucumbers from our garden.

One of my children went on a school field trip to an apple orchard and brought home a little bag of apples. When he came home he already knew what he wanted to do with them: make apple pie.  We made the pie together today and it was delicious!

I made Whole Wheat Apple Oatmeal Muffins with a few apples that were starting to get soft.

I cooked a chicken in the crock pot and made overnight chicken broth.

I bought whole wheat bread from the bread outlet store for $1.03 per loaf.

Earlier this year I signed up for CN Brown Rewards and I earn points when I buy gas or make an in-store purchase at one of their Big Apple stores.  I often get $.50 off coupons and we use the coupons to buy milk (they usually have some of the lowest milk prices in our area).  This week we used a coupon and paid $2.71 for a gallon of milk.

Our younger son signed up for his own library card and we borrowed several books from the library.


Our on-going savings:

**Compost kitchen and garden scraps.

**Wash laundry in cold water.

**Use online bill pay to pay our bills.

**Earn Swag Bucks for gift cards that I use to buy gifts.

**Earn Recyclebank points for gift cards, coupons and free magazine subscriptions.

**Earn Bing Rewards points for gift cards, Hulu Plus subscription, Skype credits, etc.

**Husband takes lunch to work everyday.

**Turn lights off when not being used.

**Use scrap paper for notes and lists.

**Drive to town once a week for shopping and errands.  

**Buy less cereal and eat oatmeal and other homemade breakfasts several times a week.

**Reuse plastic and paper shopping bags for small trash and recycling.

1 comments :

Blogger said...

SwagBucks is the best work from home website.