Meal Plan Monday - October 5



Since I am working on-call as a substitute teacher and the number of hours I work each day is unpredictable, it has been difficult to have a set meal plan in place for each day of the week. We also have soccer practice two evenings a week and Bible study one evening a week.  Needless to say, our schedule is busy right now!

I've decided to make my meal plan more flexible for our very busy weeks.  I'm going to make a list of meals for the week without planning for a specific day.  My plan is to have some easier meals for the very busy days when I have to work a full day and we are busy in the evening, and a few meals that take longer to prepare for the days I only have to work part of the day.  I think this more flexible plan will work better with our schedule.

These are the meals that I am planning to make this week, in no particular order:


Mustard Glazed Chicken with roasted carrots, potatoes and sweet potatoes

 Whole chicken in the crockpot, green beans, applesauce, refrigerator pickles, yogurt biscuits

Homemade Chicken Noodle Soup (made with leftover chicken, homemade chicken broth) with leftover biscuits

Chicken corn chowder

Leftover  Whole Wheat Calzones (I froze leftovers from last week)

Honey Soy Baked Chicken Thighs, peas, mashed potato

Spaghetti with homemade pasta sauce



Get other meal plan ideas at Menu Plan Monday.

2 comments :

Hardlyagoddess said...

This is definitely a plan that I would make too! Love my chicken in the crockpot~

Vanessa said...

Yes, it's so easy and convenient! I also like making my own chicken stock in the crock pot with the leftover chicken bones to make soups and stews. It's such a money-saver!