Folks, you know you've hit on a winning recipe if your children think it is better than McDonald's.
What makes these nuggets so special? We love the crunchy, flavorful coating and the moist chicken inside. I think these will quickly become a favorite at your house, too.
"Best Ever" Chicken Nuggets
Servings: approx. 4
1/2 cup plain breadcrumbs
1/4 cup flaxseed meal
1 tbs. grated Parmesan cheese
1/2 tsp. paprika
1/2 tsp. garlic powder
1/2 tsp. onion powder
1 large egg
1 pound chicken, cut into small chunks
1 tbs. canola oil
1. In a bowl, mix together breadcrumbs, flaxseed meal, Parmesan, paprika, garlic powder and onion powder.
2. In a separate bowl, whisk egg.
3. Dip chicken pieces into egg and coat them with breadcrumb mixture.
4. In a large nonstick skillet, add oil and heat over medium-high heat. When the oil is hot, reduce heat to medium and place chicken nuggets in the skillet in a single layer without crowding the pan. Cook approx. 3 to 4 minutes until nuggets are crisp and golden. Turn and cook until chicken is cooked through, about 4 to 5 minutes.
5. Check one nugget to make sure they cooked through before removing them from the skillet to paper towel lined plate. Add more oil to skillet before adding a second batch, if needed.
Adapted from Deceptively Delicious