My 2014 Memories Journal


I noticed this memory jar on Facebook and was inspired to make a memory journal in order to remember special moments and blessings from this year.



It has been quite a while since I tackled a sewing project and I was very excited to set up my dusty sewing machine and give this a try.  I used a plain composition notebook, materials that I had on hand and this easy-to-follow tutorial from Smashed Peas and Carrots.

Instead of the ruffle that is shown in the tutorial, I used a ribbon that I had saved from a Christmas present I received several years ago.  It just happened to match very well with the fabric that I found in my sewing box.  I decided not to add a closure, but there are also very clear instructions to add one if you prefer.

It will be so fun to read about our year on New Year's Eve!

Don't sew?  Here's a simple no-sew tutorial!


0 comments :