Simply Saving Saturday - December 7


I just couldn't wait to start decorating for Christmas, so this week we decorated our little Christmas tree and hung up our stockings.  It was so much fun to see all the little homemade Christmas tree decorations that we have made over the years, and I was also excited to finally be able to decorate with the refurbished ornaments and Ruffled Christmas Trees that I made during the Christmas {Decorating} in July series.

I didn't buy any meat this week and cooked a turkey that we bought when they were on sale for $.49/lb.  I made turkey broth, turkey soup, turkey and rice soup and turkey tetrazzini.

I cooked a ham that I bought on sale last week for our small group potluck and saved the ham bone to make ham and bean soup next week.

We purchased a few more gifts from Amazon.com with gift cards that I earned from Swagbucks.com and was also able to get free shipping.

In my mailbox: two free magazines and a free book that I won in a giveaway.

Our on-going savings:

**Wash laundry in cold water.

**Use online bill pay to pay our bills.

**Follow a weekly meal plan.

**Earn Swag Bucks for Amazon gift cards that I use to buy gifts.

**Earn Recyclebank points for gift cards, coupons and free magazine subscriptions.

**Husband takes lunch to work everyday.

**Turn lights off when not being used.

**Use cash to buy groceries.

**Use scrap paper for notes and lists.

**Drive to town once a week for shopping and errands.  

**Buy less cereal and eat oatmeal and other homemade breakfasts several times a week.

**Reuse plastic and paper shopping bags for small trash and recycling.


Some of the links in this post are referral links. When a new member signs up using my referral link, I receive bonus points for that referral.

1 comments :

Blogger said...

ClixSense is the biggest get-paid-to website.