Simply Saving Saturday - December 21

The last two weeks have been very busy with birthday celebrations and preparing for Christmas. Christmas always seems to sneak up on me and every year I find myself rushing to get last minute details finished!

Here's the deals and savings I found the last two weeks:

Last week I cashed in Swag Bucks to purchase a $50 Walmart card that was on sale at Swagbucks.com. I'm hoping to save enough gift cards to purchase a new printer to replace our old HP.



I made a Christmas JOY sign and also put this free printable into a dollar store frame.

I printed free Christmas tags for the boys to color and attach to gifts with yarn.  The boys were happy to be involved in Christmas preparations and I love how it adds a personal touch to the gifts.

I used some yarn that I had in my yarn stash and made a winter hat and fingerless mittens set for a new baby girl in our extended family.  I'm really excited that I can finally try some of the sweet baby girl crochet patterns that I've found on Pinterest!

When our older son saw the snake I made for one of the Operation Christmas Child boxes that I did this year, he asked if he could have one "with real snake colors".  I am using Red Heart camouflage yarn and this pattern to make snakes to put in both of the boys' Christmas stockings.

This year I am making 5 gift baskets for family with homemade goodies including this cinnamon honey butter recipe that I discovered on Pinterest a few years ago.

I bought a ham for $.89/lb.

We went to a free showing of The Polar Express at the local movie theater.

Our on-going savings:

**Wash laundry in cold water.

**Save kitchen scraps and eggshells for the compost.

**Use online bill pay to pay our bills.

**Earn Swag Bucks for Amazon gift cards that I use to buy gifts.

**Earn Recyclebank points for gift cards, coupons and free magazine subscriptions.

**Husband takes lunch to work everyday.

**Turn lights off when not being used.

**Use cash to buy groceries.

**Use scrap paper for notes and lists.

**Drive to town once a week for shopping and errands.  

**Buy less cereal and eat oatmeal and other homemade breakfasts several times a week.

**Reuse plastic and paper shopping bags for small trash and recycling.


Some of the links in this post are referral links. When a new member signs up using my referral link, I receive bonus points for that referral.

1 comments :

Blogger said...

NeoBux is the best get-paid-to site.