Simply Saving Saturday - November 23

This week I was able to find some great deals on baking items and turkey finally went on sale for $.49/lb! I found it very interesting though that there was a limit of 1 per customer this year; I didn't notice a limit last year.

I made Pumpkin Pie Spice for a cookie recipe that I wanted to try instead of buying it.

This year's Operation Christmas Child shoe boxes are packed!  Many of the items were homemade or bought on sale, and I used wrapping paper that I purchased very inexpensively at the after-Christmas sales last year.

I made my own carpet freshener with baking soda and essential oil.

I cashed in Swag Bucks for Walmart gift cards in order to buy a Christmas gift for one or our children.

In my mailbox: a free magazine and a coupon for a free Old Orchard juice.


Our on-going savings:

**Wash laundry in cold water.

**Save kitchen scraps and eggshells for the compost.

**Use online bill pay to pay our bills.

**Follow a weekly meal plan.

**Earn Swag Bucks for Amazon gift cards that I use to buy gifts.

**Earn Recyclebank points for gift cards, coupons and free magazine subscriptions.

**Husband takes lunch to work everyday.

**Turn lights off when not being used.

**Use cash to buy groceries.

**Use scrap paper for notes and lists.

**Drive to town once a week for shopping and errands.  

**Buy less cereal and eat oatmeal and other homemade breakfasts several times a week.

**Reuse plastic and paper shopping bags for small trash and recycling.


Some of the links in this post are referral links. When a new member signs up using my referral link, I receive bonus points for that referral.

1 comments :

Blogger said...

ClixSense is a very recommended work from home website.