Simply Saving Saturday - November 16

I didn't feel very frugal this week.  I made a few extra trips to town, my husband broke his glasses playing basketball, we ate out one night and I found myself looking at Black Friday ads and finding several things that I "needed."


The week wasn't a complete loss, though:

I canceled my free three-month free trial of Amazon Mom before the expiration date.  I am going to miss the free 2-day shipping that came with the free trial.

I just found out that the Walmart gift cards on swagbucks.com can be printed out and used in the store! Since I do a lot of our shopping there, this will really help us save!  This week I cashed in some of the Swag Bucks I earned for a $25 Walmart gift card.

I didn't buy any meat again this week as I'm waiting for the pre-Thanksgiving sales.  It looks like the waiting has paid off--turkey is on sale next week for $.49/lb.!

I bought parsley in bulk from the health food store for $.13/oz.

I made foaming hand soap.

Our on-going savings:

**Wash laundry in cold water.

**Save kitchen scraps and eggshells for the compost.

**Use online bill pay to pay our bills.

**Follow a weekly meal plan.

**Earn Swag Bucks for Amazon gift cards that I use to buy gifts.

**Earn Recyclebank points for gift cards, coupons and free magazine subscriptions.

**Husband takes lunch to work everyday.

**Turn lights off when not being used.

**Use cash to buy groceries.

**Use scrap paper for notes and lists.

**Drive to town once a week for shopping and errands.  

**Buy less cereal and eat oatmeal and other homemade breakfasts several times a week.

**Reuse plastic and paper shopping bags for small trash and recycling.


Some of the links in this post are referral links. When a new member signs up using my referral link, I receive bonus points for that referral.

1 comments :

Blogger said...

SwagBucks is a very recommended get-paid-to site.