Simply Saving Saturday - October 19

There are two things that I find it very difficult to spend money on:  washcloths and socks.  Some of our washcloths are 10 years old, so I was very thankful this week when my mom gave me some much needed washcloths and towels that were given to her.

Our older son earned a coupon for a free personal pan pizza from the Pizza Hut Book-It Program.

A dentist visited our younger son's class and he was given a goody bag with a toothbrush, toothpaste and floss.

I saved the stickers from the Highlights offer we received in the mail to put in an Operation Christmas Child shoe box.

I was very excited to find canned pumpkin for $.99 each!  I also bought molasses for $1.99 (usually over $3) and apples and onions for $.33/lb.

I bought our younger son a shirt and shorts that he will (hopefully) be able to wear next summer for $3.50.

I bought apples on sale last week that we had never tried before and it turned out we didn't really care for them.  I discovered though that they make the best applesauce I have ever had!  Next time I see a sale, I will definitely buy more for applesauce.

In my mailbox: Gain and Pantene samples and coupons from P&G and two free magazines.

Our on-going savings:

**Wash laundry in cold water.

**Save kitchen scraps and eggshells for the compost.

**Use online bill pay to pay our bills.

**Follow a weekly meal plan.

**Earn Swag Bucks for Amazon gift cards that I use to buy gifts.

**Earn Recyclebank points for gift cards, coupons and free magazine subscriptions.

**Husband takes lunch to work everyday.

**Turn lights off when not being used.

**Use cash to buy groceries.

**Use scrap paper for notes and lists.

**Drive to town once a week for shopping and errands.  

**Buy less cereal and eat oatmeal and other homemade breakfasts several times a week.

**Reuse plastic and paper shopping bags for small trash and recycling.


Some of the links in this post are referral links. When a new member signs up using my referral link, I receive bonus points for that referral.

1 comments :

Blogger said...

SwagBucks is the biggest work from home website.