Simply Saving Saturday - October 12

I stumbled on a few interesting money-saving tips while surfing the web this week:

I shared this post on my Facebook Page this week.  Karrie from Happy Money Saver shared how she paid for some very expensive chicken at Walmart.  I definitely want to try this experiment next time I buy boneless chicken!

On this healthcare savings post, I discovered GoodRX.com.  On this site, you can search for the lowest prescription prices in your area and also find coupons.

A few months ago we purchased an EpiPen for our younger son which cost us almost $300.  Curious to see if I could find a lower price, I searched on this site and discovered a $100 coupon that I could have used toward the purchase of the EpiPen!  The site also gives other helpful information.  I found that a generic EpiPen may be available in 2015, which will help lower the cost of the drug.  I will definitely be using this site before buying any prescriptions.

Here's how we saved this week:



The boys enjoyed the free hay maze and sheep dog demonstration at the Pumpkin Festival.

I was given a container of pesto at the deli of the grocery store.

At another store I was one of the first 50 customers and was given a free loaf of bread.

My husband brought home a handful of gallon sized zipper bags that were going to be thrown away at work. He brought them home and I used a few of them to pack Operation Christmas Child shoe boxes (soap and candy have to be doubled bagged separately from other items).

I bought gifts from Amazon with gift cards I earned from Swagbucks.com.  They were delivered in two days thanks to a free 3-month trial of Amazon Mom.

I bought a whole chicken for $.99/lb., carrots for $.40/lb. and found more great cereal deals.  My husband loves sausage and I couldn't resist buying ground sausage on sale with a coupon for $1.50/lb.

1 comments :

Blogger said...

SwagBucks is a very popular work from home website.