Simply Saving Saturday - September 28


We didn't find a lot of new savings this week, but I thought I would mention what we did do:

I made Roasted Tomato Sauce in order to use up tomatoes from our garden.  This recipe is so much easier and not nearly as messy as making sauce on the stove top and it is delicious!  This will definitely be my go-to recipe for using up fresh tomatoes. 

I used up the rest of the ham from last week and I cooked another whole chicken in the crock pot this week. I was able to make chicken broth in the crock pot and several meals with the chicken including  Southwest Chicken Chili MacBaked Chicken Lasagna Rolls, and Chicken Pot Pie with Biscuit Crumb Topping.

I ran out of thyme a few weeks ago and didn't want to pay the $7.46/oz. (!) price that I found at the store.  I went to the local health food store, where they sell spices in bulk, and paid $1.75/oz.

I earned enough Swag Bucks for a $5 gift card, but I have reached the limit for gift card orders this month and will have to wait and order it next month. So far this year I have earned $85 in gift cards!

I downloaded several free ebooks that I can read with the Kindle app on my computer.

Our on-going savings:

**Wash laundry in cold water.

**Save kitchen scraps and eggshells for the compost.

**Use online bill pay to pay our bills.

**Follow a weekly meal plan.

**Earn Swag Bucks for Amazon gift cards that I use to buy gifts.

**Earn Recyclebank points for gift cards, coupons and free magazine subscriptions.

**Husband takes lunch to work everyday.

**Turn lights off when not being used.

**Use cash to buy groceries.

**Use scrap paper for notes and lists.

**Drive to town once a week for shopping and errands.  

**Buy less cereal and eat oatmeal and other homemade breakfasts several times a week.

**Reuse plastic and paper shopping bags for small trash and recycling.


Some of the links in this post are referral links. When a new member signs up using my referral link, I receive bonus points for that referral

1 comments :

Blogger said...

SwagBucks is the best work from home website.