Simply Saving Saturday - September 7

We picked three acorn squash, tomatoes and a zucchini from our garden.

In order to use up the zucchini, we tried zucchini tots for the first time this week and I also made mini blueberry muffins for school lunches.

The grape harvest must have been very good this year because they were on sale for $.99 again this week! It has been a very long time since I have seen this price.  I bought quite a few since my children love them and they are an easy and healthy snack to add to their school lunches.

We threw all our kitchen scraps and eggshells into the compost that we started last week.



Our older son is playing on a youth soccer team and my mom was able to find him a pair of cleats that looked like new for $3.99 at Goodwill!  She also found lots of school supplies on clearance that I will save for the next school year.

We didn't need to use the air conditioner this week since the temperatures are starting to feel more fall-like, but we aren't ready to put the air conditioner away just yet as we may get some temperatures in the 80s next week.

I cashed in Swag Bucks for a $5 Amazon gift card.

The boys went with their dad to the free gym day at the University Fitness Center.


Our on-going savings:

**Wash laundry in cold water.

**Save kitchen scraps and eggshells for the compost.

**Use online bill pay to pay our bills.

**Follow a weekly meal plan.

**Earn Swag Bucks for Amazon gift cards that I use to buy gifts.

**Earn Recyclebank points for gift cards, coupons and free magazine subscriptions.

**Husband takes lunch to work everyday.

**Turn lights off when not being used.

**Use cash to buy groceries.

**Use scrap paper for notes and lists.

**Drive to town once a week for shopping and errands.  

**Buy less cereal and eat oatmeal and other homemade breakfasts several times a week.

**Reuse plastic and paper shopping bags for small trash and recycling.


Some of the links in this post are referral links. When a new member signs up using my referral link, I receive bonus points for that referral.

3 comments :

Anonymous said...

Just wondering why you have "Follow a weekly meal Plan" scratched off"?

Vanessa M. said...

I didn't follow a meal plan last week, but I'm going to get back to following a meal plan this week.

Blogger said...

NeoBux is a very popular work from home site.