Simply Saving Saturday - August 10


This week I made 5 pints of freezer jam with the blueberries we picked last week.

I picked beans and zucchini from the garden and I made three meals that included the zucchini.  We ate two meatless meals.

My dad told me about the book, Lasagna Gardening, and I was able to find it at the library.  It is very interesting and I'm hoping to try this gardening method in the spring.  I started saving my newspapers this week and I'm hoping to start a compost soon.


I made whole wheat pancakes with very ripe bananas and froze them.  I will use them to make pancake sandwiches to put in our children's lunchboxes when school starts in a few weeks.

I crocheted a toy car for Operation Christmas Child.  I used a free pattern and yarn from my yarn stash.

I made my own foaming hand soap to refill an old foaming hand soap dispenser.

Cashed in Recyclebank points for a $5 Amazon gift card.

We didn't use the air conditioner this week.

Price matched at Walmart.

In my mailbox: a P&G coupon and a free magazine.

Our on-going savings:

**Wash laundry in cold water.

**Save eggshells for the garden.

**Use online bill pay to pay our bills.

**Follow a weekly meal plan.

**Earn Swag Bucks for Amazon gift cards that I use to buy gifts.

**Earn Recyclebank points for gift cards, coupons and free magazine subscriptions.

**Husband takes lunch to work everyday.

**Turn lights off when not being used.

**Use cash to buy groceries.

**Use scrap paper for notes and lists.

**Drive to town once a week for shopping and errands.  

**Buy less cereal and eat oatmeal and other homemade breakfasts several times a week.

**Reuse plastic and paper shopping bags for small trash and recycling.

Note: Some of the links in this post are referral links. When a new member signs up using my referral link, I receive bonus points for that referral.

1 comments :

Blogger said...

NeoBux is a very recommended work from home site.