Back-To-School Freezer Cooking: Mini Muffins



This month I'm preparing for the new school year by cooking food for my children's school lunch and freezing it. Muffins are a great option for back-to-school freezer cooking since most muffins freeze well.

I used my favorite Whole Wheat Apple Oatmeal Muffin recipe and substituted blueberries for the apples.   The recipe makes about 20 mini muffins and I reduced the baking time to 12 minutes.  To freeze, put the muffins on a baking sheet and flash freeze for about 20 minutes.  Put frozen muffins in freezer bags or containers to store in the freezer.


The night before, take out the number of muffins needed and thaw overnight.  Add to school lunch(es) the next morning.

I have to admit that not all of our muffins made it to the freezer.  I'll be making another batch (or two) of these muffins before school starts!



Posts in this series:
Back-To-School Freezer Cooking: Pancake Sandwiches
Back-To-School Freezer Cooking: No-Bake Energy Bites


Sharing at Foodie Friends Friday

2 comments :

Catherine said...

Dear Vanessa, What a fabulous back to school treat! These muffins look wonderful. Found you through Foodie Friends and now following. Blessings, Catherine xo

Vanessa M. said...

Thanks, Catherine!