Simply Saving Saturday


To celebrate the 4th of July we made these popsicle stick flags with craft supplies from our craft box.  They were simple and inexpensive and a great inside project to do during a hot and humid week.

Since it was so hot and humid this week I didn't do a lot of baking, but I did make these Best Ever Chocolate Oatmeal No-Bake Bars.  I made them with SunButter so that our younger son could enjoy them with us.  They taste just like the no-bake cookies and are delicious.  The best part of all is that we enjoyed a wonderful dessert without turning the oven on!



I know it is probably way to early to start thinking about Christmas, but this year I am starting early and making Christmas decorations in July and sharing my projects on the blog.  My first project was to redo old Christmas ornaments.  I made them with craft supplies that I already had and I can't believe the difference!  I can't wait to put my "new" ornaments on the tree this year!

I started a price book and I'm doing a lot more price comparisons.  I discovered that the 80 oz. honey that I can buy at Walmart is a little bit cheaper than the smaller sizes at any of the other stores that we have in my area.

I printed a free children's Bible reading plan for the book of Matthew to go along with our morning Bible reading.  It gets the boys involved in the reading as they can color in each section as we read.

We made cards to send to my sister for her birthday.

I sent in a Lysol Rebate.

Made $3 by answering a survey.

I added some things to my sister-in-laws yard sale and made $50.

In my mailbox: Always, Woolite and Scotch-Brite samples.

Our on-going savings:

**Save eggshells for the garden.

**Follow a weekly meal plan.

**Earn Swag Bucks for Amazon gift cards that I use to buy gifts.

**Earn Recyclebank points for gift cards, coupons and free magazine subscriptions.

**Husband takes lunch to work everyday.

**Turn lights off when not being used.

**Use cash to buy groceries.

**Use scrap paper for notes and lists.

**Drive to town once a week for shopping and errands.  

**Buy less cereal and eat oatmeal and other homemade breakfasts several times a week.

**Reuse plastic and paper shopping bags for small trash and recycling.



Note: Some of the links in this post are referral links. When a new member signs up using my referral link, I receive bonus points for that referral.

3 comments :

Deanna said...

Love the earning Swagbucks to buy gifts! Great idea, it would help our budget to do thst. What all do you do to earn them and how many can you earn a month? So far I've just earned them from using their search engine.

Vanessa M. said...

Deanna,

I don't think there is a limit on how many swagbucks that you can earn. There is a limit of 2 prizes per day.

Have you filled out the survey profiles yet? You can earn 32 swagbucks by filling out all the profiles. I like to check the inbox for videos or other quick ways to earn. If the offer doesn't seem like it is worth my time, I usually skip it.

When you go to "my account" and click on the banner, there is a video that can be watched for 2 swagbucks, but it can be watched several times (sometimes up to 8 times). I usually do these while I'm doing laundry or watching a tv show.

There are many more ways to earn - NOSO, the daily poll, shop and earn, surveys, games, entering codes.

I think my advice would be to find a few things that you can do each day. Even if it seems like you are earning just a small amount, it all adds up. I am usually able to earn between $40 and $50 in Amazon gift cards for Christmas each year and it has been a wonderful blessing to us.

Blogger said...

SwagBucks is the best work from home site.