Simply Saving Saturday - July 27

Our family had the opportunity to spend most of the week with my husband's family at a beautiful camp on a lake here in Maine.




We weren't home most of the week so there are only a few ways that we saved this week:

While at camp, the women of the family took turns planning and preparing dinner throughout the week.

I received a 10% "prompt pay" discount when I payed a doctor's bill by the due date.

I picked lettuce, green beans and a few peas from the garden!

My sister-in-law gave us some frozen blueberries.  I made blueberry sauce and we used it as a topping for frozen cheesecake and in oatmeal.

In my mailbox: a free magazine.

Our on-going savings:

**Save eggshells for the garden.

**Use online bill pay to pay our bills.

**Follow a weekly meal plan.

**Earn Swag Bucks for Amazon gift cards that I use to buy gifts.

**Earn Recyclebank points for gift cards, coupons and free magazine subscriptions.

**Husband takes lunch to work everyday.

**Turn lights off when not being used.

**Use cash to buy groceries.

**Use scrap paper for notes and lists.

**Drive to town once a week for shopping and errands.  

**Buy less cereal and eat oatmeal and other homemade breakfasts several times a week.

**Reuse plastic and paper shopping bags for small trash and recycling.


Note: Some of the links in this post are referral links. When a new member signs up using my referral link, I receive bonus points for that referral.

1 comments :

Blogger said...

SuperPayMe is a very recommended get-paid-to website.