Simply Saving Saturday - July 13

This week I planned an oven-free menu and cooked a whole chicken in the crock pot with a chicken that I bought on sale for $.99/lb.  I made Overnight Chicken Stock in the Crock Pot with the chicken bones and vegetable scraps that I saved in the freezer.  We ate one meatless meal.

This week I also bought peaches on sale for $.99/lb. and found coupons on packages of Birds Eye frozen vegetables, making them $.75 each.



For the second project in the Christmas {Decorating} In July series I made a Rustic Christmas Candle with a candle that I received as a gift, ribbon from my scrap jar and sticks that I gathered outside.

Before I went out of town for a day this week, I turned off both computers and checked to make sure all lights were off.

Earned $3 for taking a survey.

Cashed in Swag Bucks for two $5 Amazon gift cards.

Earned 180 Recyclebank points.

Cut children's hair.

Our on-going savings:

**Save eggshells for the garden.

**Use online bill pay to pay our bills.

**Follow a weekly meal plan.

**Earn Swag Bucks for Amazon gift cards that I use to buy gifts.

**Earn Recyclebank points for gift cards, coupons and free magazine subscriptions.

**Husband takes lunch to work everyday.

**Turn lights off when not being used.

**Use cash to buy groceries.

**Use scrap paper for notes and lists.

**Drive to town once a week for shopping and errands.  

**Buy less cereal and eat oatmeal and other homemade breakfasts several times a week.

**Reuse plastic and paper shopping bags for small trash and recycling.

3 comments :

Deanna said...

Way to go! And what a great price for peaches. Sound delicious.

Vanessa M. said...

Oh, they were so good! I was excited to see they were on sale next week again too. I think I might have to try making some peach popsicles for the boys.

Blogger said...

NeoBux is a very popular get-paid-to website.