Christmas {Decorating} In July: Rustic Christmas Candle

Rustic Christmas Candle


This project was inspired by these cinnamon candles made with cinnamon sticks.  Since I don't have cinnamon sticks and I am challenging myself to make Christmas decorations with what I have, I needed to find something else.

I don't have cinnamon sticks, but we do have lots and lots of trees.  Small branches and sticks from those trees worked perfectly.

For this project you will need:
candle and glass holder
small sticks and twigs
pair of pruners
rubber band
ribbon

Rustic Christmas Candle

I used a pair of pruners to cut the sticks to the correct size and used a rubber band to hold the sticks around the candle.  I tied a ribbon around the middle to hide the rubber band and add a little bit of decoration.

This project couldn't be any easier and I love this simple, natural look.

Note: The sticks should be cut to just below the top of the glass holder.  In the pictures above, the sticks were slightly too long.




Other posts in this series:
Christmas {Decorating} In July: Make Old Christmas Ornaments Look New Again



Linking to:
My Salvaged Treasures












Christmas In July at Walking On Sunshine

12 comments :

Nellie's Cozy place said...

That was a great idea, and could take you thru Fall and Christmas and even
into Winter.........
Love the look of natural elements.
Great job.
blessings, Nellie

Joanne DiPalo said...

Hi Vanessa, Thanks so much for sharing your creative rustic Christmas Candle with Foodie Friends Friday Christmas in July.

It's so late right now but I want to make this right away : ).

I'm pinning this and sharing on G+ tonight.

Have a great weekend,
Joanne/Winelady Cooks

Lizbeth McGow said...

Oh wow! This is so pretty, I better start collecting sticks to make something similar for the holidays this year! Thank you for sharing! Came over to visit you via Foodie Friends Friday!
lizy@http://justdipitinchocolate.blogspot.com/

Deanna said...

Love it! So simple to make and it looks amazing.

Walking on Sunshine said...

I love this idea! So cute and perfect for Christmas, even as gifts. Thank you for linking up with Foodie Friends Friday. I'm sharing them on my Walking on Sunshine FB page later!

Debra Ann Elliott said...

This is an adorable idea! Thanks so much for linking up with Foodie Friends Friday.

marie said...

What a great idea...I especially love that it can be used for multiple seasons with just a change of the ribbon! Very cute gift idea too!

Betsy@My Salvaged Treasures said...

What a fun idea! I really like the twigs even better than cinnamon sticks. Thanks so much for sharing your project with Christmas in July.

At Rivercrest Cottage said...

Love it. great way to make a bunch of unmatched candles look like they were meant to go together!

Ruth Soukup said...

This is adorable and would make the perfect touch for a Christmas mantel! Thanks for linking up to Thrifty Thursday!

Waxations said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
marilyn scott said...

What a great idea! I think we could pick up some twigs here and work on a clear jar with candles on them. this looks pretty easy I could work on this with my kids. Thanks for sharing ideas.

Hugs xxx
Marilyn @ Christmas decorating ideas