Stay Organized This Summer With A Summer Routine




This is a very exciting week for us since it is the last week of school and summer officially begins at our house!  Our three months of summer here in northern New England always goes by very quickly.  As our children get older, each year goes by faster than the last, and hard as I try, it seems impossible to make each moment count.

I've been thinking a lot over the past few months about what I want to accomplish this summer and I came to the conclusion that the best way to get everything done is to create a summer routine in order to help me stay organized this summer.

This is what our summer routine looks like:

5:45 - Mom up, get ready for the day
6:00 - 6:30 - Boys wake up 
Breakfast/Bible
Get Dressed
Chores
Gardening
Outside Play
11:30 - Lunch
Read aloud to children
Inside/outside play, reading, games, fun and frugal activities*, playground, academic projects and/or games**
Computer work, crafting (me)
4:30 - Start dinner
Quick pick up
5:30 - Dinner

Notice that there are a lot of gaps in our routine.  I don't want every hour of every day scheduled, but I think this will be a great tool to help me to stay focused and get things done.  I'm also always open to making changes to our routine as needed.



*Here are some of the fun and frugal activities I am planning on trying with the boys this summer:

Super Bubble Fun
Soda Bottle Water Toy & Sponge Bombs
DIY Lava Lamps
Bee Buzzer
Campfire Cones
Paper Plate Sun Catcher

**Summer is definitely supposed to be fun, but there are also a few academic areas that I want to work on with the boys a few days each week.  Here are some of the free resources and inexpensive ideas that I really like:

Preschool Site Words
DIY Write and Wipe Preschool Worksheets
Paper Plate Clock
Penny, Nickel, Dime Exchange Game
Ten Commandments Writing Practice
1st Grade Book Report Printables
Weather Graphing Printable



What are some of your favorite summer activities?  Will you be trying something new this summer?




{photo credit}

2 comments :

Ruth Soukup said...

Having a plan always makes summer seem less stressful! Hop you have a great summer Vanessa! Thanks for linking up with us at LWSL - hope to see you back next week :)

Vanessa M. said...

Thanks Ruth. I hope you and your family enjoy the summer.