Simply Saving Saturday

It was a crazy busy week for us.  After such a busy week, I am even more thankful for our quiet, simple lifestyle.  I especially missed our normal routine and will be very happy to get back to our normal schedule next week.


We celebrated Father's Day this year with a practical gift and a few of my husband's favorite things.  The boys made sure that they got to pick out a Father's Day balloon.  They love picking out balloons from the Dollar Tree on special occasions.  I think they like playing with them more then giving them.



The boys went with their dad to hike Bald Mountain.  They had quite a celebration when they reached the top.

We signed up for the free summer reading program at the library.  They had a wonderful opening night with an entertainer who did several magic tricks for the kids.  They had a great time.

I raked up more grass clippings for the garden.

I was very excited to get my first free issue of All You magazine that I ordered with Recyclebank Points.

I bought bread at the bread store for $.67 per loaf and used coupons to get shampoo for $.54.


A nearby town hosted a summer celebration and one of the local businesses sponsored a free petting zoo and pony rides.  Our older son enjoyed his first ride on a pony.

Our on-going savings:

**Follow a weekly meal plan.

**Earn Swag Bucks for Amazon gift cards that I use to buy gifts.

**Earn Recyclebank points for gift cards, coupons and free magazine subscriptions.

**Husband takes lunch to work everyday.

**Turn lights off when not being used.

**Use cash to buy groceries.

**Use scrap paper for notes and lists.

**Drive to town once a week for shopping and errands.  

**Buy less cereal and eat oatmeal and other homemade breakfasts several times a week.

**Reuse plastic and paper shopping bags for small trash and recycling.

Note: Some of the links in this post are referral links. When a new member signs up using my referral link, I receive bonus points for that referral.

3 comments :

Judith said...

Sounds like you had a wonderful day!!

Vanessa M. said...

We really did. We had a great week, but I'm looking forward to some down time this week!

Blogger said...

SuperPayMe is a very popular work from home website.