Simply Saving Saturday



A frog hopped onto our front step this week.  The little guy got lots of attention from the boys. They didn't want to touch him, but they figured out that if they put a finger close enough to him it would make him jump.  I'm not so sure he appreciated all the attention very much.

We've been keeping track of how much gas we put in the second vehicle that I use.  I had to fill up again this week--exactly three weeks since the last time!

I was able to add more grass clippings to our garden after my husband mowed the lawn this week.  We are also saving egg shells for the garden.

I cashed in Swagbucks for two $5 Amazon gift cards.  So far this year we have earned $40 in gift cards that we have saved for birthday and Christmas gifts.  Most things that I buy from Amazon can shipped for free with a $25 order.  It has been a huge blessing!

I earned $3 for taking a survey through Pinecone Research.  Since my application was accepted 2 months ago I have earned $18 with this company!  I'm not sure if they are accepting applications right now, but if you are interested, there are sign up links on this post by Crystal at Money Saving Mom.

We signed up for a special offer for the newspaper.  We are now getting 4 newspapers delivered to our door for $.08 more per week than what we were spending to buy one newspaper at the convenience store.  It is a 12 week offer that automatically renews at the regular rate, so I wrote a reminder on the calendar to call and cancel.

This week I made homemade pizza crust, Cinnamon Stove Top Granola and two meatless meals.

In my mailbox: a free magazine and Kotex samples with a coupon.

Used shampoo and conditioner samples.

Our on-going savings:

**Follow a weekly meal plan.

**Earn Swag Bucks for Amazon gift cards that I use to buy gifts.

**Earn Recyclebank points for gift cards, coupons and free magazine subscriptions.

**Husband takes lunch to work everyday.

**Turn lights off when not being used.

**Use cash to buy groceries.

**Use scrap paper for notes and lists.

**Drive to town once a week for shopping and errands.  

**Buy less cereal and eat oatmeal and other homemade breakfasts several times a week.

**Reuse plastic and paper shopping bags for small trash and recycling.

**Save bread ends for the freezer.



Note: Some of the links in this post are referral links. When a new member signs up using my referral link, I receive bonus points for that referral.

1 comments :

Blogger said...

SwagBucks is the best get-paid-to website.