Simply Saving Saturday


**It rained almost every day this week and we spent a lot of time indoors.  We made these bottle top stamps, practiced writing with plastic zipper bags filled with paint and set up an indoor tent.

**I tried a few frugal recipes from The Prudent Homemaker. We tried Chicken Cacciatore, Spanish Rice and Strawberry Popsicles with apple juice.

**I also made pizza crust for the first time!  I'm always a little afraid to try recipes with yeast, but I used this super quick and easy whole wheat pizza crust recipe and (besides being just a little bit undercooked) it came out great the first time!  My children, who usually don't like to eat the crust, told me several times how good it was.  That recipe is definitely a keeper!


**I made Roasted Veggie Bites.  It's a very frugal and healthy recipe that my children love.

**Price matched at Walmart to save time and gas.

**In my mailbox: Try me free Playtex coupon and Ruffies trash bag sample.

**I didn't buy any meat this week.  We still have quite a bit of chicken left from the $.99 sale a few weeks ago and almost all of the ground beef that I found marked down last week.

**The issue with the phone bill that I mentioned last week has been resolved.  It was worth the extra effort to make the phone calls and get the bill taken care of instead of just assuming that the issue would be corrected.

Our on-going savings:

**Follow a weekly meal plan.

**Earn Swag Bucks for Amazon gift cards that I use to buy gifts.

**Earn Recyclebank points for gift cards, coupons and free magazine subscriptions.

**Keep thermostat at 60 during the day and at night.

**Husband takes lunch to work everyday.

**Turn lights off when not being used.

**Use cash to buy groceries.

**Use scrap paper for notes and lists.

**Drive to town once a week for shopping and errands.  

**Buy less cereal and eat oatmeal and other homemade breakfasts several times a week.

**Reuse plastic and paper shopping bags for small trash and recycling.

**Save bread ends for the freezer.



Note: Some of the links in this post are referral links. When a new member signs up using my referral link, I receive bonus points for that referral.

1 comments :

Blogger said...

NeoBux is the biggest get-paid-to website.