Simply Saving Saturday

I finally joined the 21st century and signed up for online banking last week.  I used it for the first time this week and I love how convenient it is and how much we will save in checks and stamps.

My husband and I had a wonderful conversation this week about ways we could save money. Ironically this conversation took place during a meal at a restaurant.  We enjoyed some time without the children in order to celebrate his birthday...something that we are rarely able to do.



**This week we enjoyed a trip to "Bumpah's" house to visit the chicks and to walk through the woods to the stream behind his house and throw rocks in the water.

**My husband was able to fix a leak under the kitchen sink for $11 instead of calling a plumber.

**I bought seeds in bulk from the hardware/farm supply store where my husband works.  It was much less expensive than buying the little seed packets and we will also get an employee discount.  They also gave our boys a little bag of seeds that had gotten mixed.  I think they will enjoy watching and taking care of their own plants.



**We made Mother's Day cards and paper flowers for my mom and mother-in-law.  I also found a cross-stitch that I had started years ago for my mom that I am finishing up for her.  

**Our children made their dad birthday cards with craft supplies from our craft box and I was able to reuse a gift box to put his gift in.

**In my mailbox:  Always coupons and a free onesie

**I earned $6 for taking 2 surveys.

Our on-going savings:

**Follow a weekly meal plan.

**Earn Swag Bucks for Amazon gift cards that I use to buy gifts.

**Earn Recyclebank points for gift cards, coupons and free magazine subscriptions.

**Keep thermostat at 60 during the day and at night.

**Husband takes lunch to work everyday.

**Turn lights off when not being used.

**Use cash to buy groceries.

**Use scrap paper for notes and lists.

**Drive to town once a week for shopping and errands.  


**Buy less cereal and eat oatmeal several times a week.

**Reuse plastic and paper shopping bags for small trash and recycling.

**Save bread ends for the freezer.



Note: Some of the links in this post are referral links. When a new member signs up using my referral link, I receive bonus points for that referral.

1 comments :

Blogger said...

NeoBux is the biggest get-paid-to website.