Recipe: Roasted Veggie Bites




These Roasted Veggie Bites make a very healthy and frugal lunch or serve it as a snack with a little salsa for dipping.  It is definitely a make-ahead recipe, but it freezes very well for when a quick meal or snack is needed.

Roasted Veggie Bites
Makes: 12

1 lb. potatoes, peeled
3 large carrots
1 small onion
2 tbsp. olive oil
salt, pepper, garlic powder, to taste (optional)

1.  Preheat oven to 350 degrees.  Cover baking sheet with aluminum foil.


2.  Cut vegetables into bite-sized pieces and place in a single layer on baking sheet.  Drizzle with olive oil and sprinkle with salt, pepper and garlic powder, if desired.  Toss to coat.  Bake for approx. 45 minutes or until tender.

3.  Let vegetables cool and put in a food processor.  Pulse just until the "paste" that forms holds together; don't over chop.

4.  Divide the mixture into 12 greased mini-muffin cups and bake for 15 minutes.  Let cool slightly and serve.

To freeze:  Place muffins on a baking sheet and freeze for approx. 30 - 45 minutes.  Store in a freezer bag or container.


Recipe slightly adapted from May/June 2013 issue of Hannaford fresh magazine.




Linking with Simple Lives Thursday, Allergy Free Wednesdays and these parties.

10 comments :

Bethany said...

These look great! I would love to try these with sweet potatoes!

Vanessa M. said...

Oh my goodness, that's a great idea! I will have to try that when I see a sale on sweet potatoes. :)

Anjana said...

Would love to try this and see if my lil' picky eater likes this!
Anjana @ http://happyandharried.wordpress.com/

Jeni IGOTTHISMARTHA said...

These sound really good! My little girl just might eat them!!

Vanessa M. said...

Anjana - if you are making these for a picky eater, I would probably use a little less onion since I thought the onion was a little bit strong in these (even though neither of my children complained - they love them). I would also serve them with a little bit of ketchup or salsa to dip them in.

Daniela Schiena said...

Mmmmh looks delicious! I can't wait to try myself!

Maria said...

These look delicious! I absolutely love roasted vegetables, especially in the fall, and this is such a good idea! Thanks for sharing, I'll definitely be trying these out! They should great!

Judee@ Gluten Free A-Z Blog said...

these look wonderful . Bet they have a great flavor

Sherri @ The Well Floured Kitchen said...

These look great! I love roasted veggies and love the fact that they are baked! So easy. Definitely trying asap.

Carol J. Alexander said...

Cool. Will have to try them. Thanks for sharing with us at the HomeAcre Hop. Please come back and see us this week: http://everythinghomewithcarol.com/the-self-sufficient-homeacre-hop-3/