Meal Plan Monday - 5/20



Strawberries have been on sale for the last couple of weeks and since it is probably the lowest price of the season in our area, I bought several pounds.  We have been enjoying them sliced over our cereal, in pancakes and as a snack.  I think they will also be delicious in this Raspberry Oatmeal Casserole recipe and I think the boys will love these Strawberry Popsicles for a special treat this week.

Much to my surprise, canned tuna fish and macaroni was on sale which will make a very inexpensive tuna casserole.  They are both on sale again this week so I will buy more to stock up.  I also have lots of shredded chicken in the fridge that I need to use up and I was able to get a fairly good price on ground beef last week.  I froze the ground beef by the 1/2 pound and often when a recipe calls for a pound of ground beef, I will only use a half pound to make it stretch farther.

Here's our meal plan for the week:

Breakfast
Cereal, Bananas
Homemade Instant Oatmeal Packets
Strawberry Pancakes (from freezer)
Strawberry Oatmeal Casserole (Subbing strawberries for raspberries. I don't have nuts so I am going to add a little bit of coconut in place of the nuts.)
Scrambled Eggs, Toast

Lunch
Turkey & Cheese Sandwiches, Carrot Sticks 
Graham Crackers w/SunButter, Strawberries, Yogurt
Pasta w/Butter, Parmesan Cheese & Peas, Carrot Sticks
Chicken Salad Sandwiches, Applesauce, Carrot Sticks
Baked Whole Wheat Parmesan-Herb Tortilla Chips w/salsa for dipping, Carrot Sticks, Grapes
Dinner Leftovers

Dinner
Monday:
   Chicken Stir-Fry, Super Easy Whole Wheat Biscuits

Tuesday:
    Tuna Casserole, Leftover Biscuits

Wednesday:
     Chicken Ranch Pasta, Tossed Salad

Thursday:
    Chicken Cacciatore, Veggies

Friday:
    Leftover Night

Saturday:
    Spanish Rice w/Ground Beef, Veggies

Sunday: 
    Bean & Rice Burritos made w/leftover Spanish Rice


$5 Dinners has a wonderful grocery shopping list with meal plan form and a few other printable planners that you might find helpful in meal planning {not to mention some great money-saving recipes!}.

Get more menu planning ideas at Menu Plan Monday


0 comments :