Clutter-Busting Challenge Week #4: Toys and A Trip Down Memory Lane

This month I'm joining the clutter-busting challenge hosted by Money Saving Mom.  Crystal is challenging her readers to get rid of 7 things every week day in May.  That's 161 things!  Here's what I found this week:



May 20:  Over the weekend I asked the boys to find 7 toys that they didn't want.  I had no idea what to expect, but I was in for a big surprise.  They brought out some nice toys that I never would have chosen which also made me realize that even though I complain about how many toys we have, I am part of the problem.  I have a really hard time getting rid of things that are still in good shape and can still be used.  I also realized that the reason that most of these toys are still like new is because they haven't been played with!  Total items: 14


May 21:  The toy experiment went so well that I asked the boys to find 7 books that they didn't need/want anymore.  They found some board books that they had outgrown and a few others that they weren't interested in.  Total items: 7



May 22:  Seven cross stitch books and 1 magazine.  I still have a whole bin full of cross stitch patterns that I would like to do, but don't have time for.  I keep telling myself that someday I will get to it....(sigh).  Total items: 8



May 23:  There is a closet under our stairs where we have been storing things since we moved here 7 years ago.  It was definitely past time to start going through it and decide what to keep and what to get rid of.  I opened the first box and took a trip down memory lane.  I couldn't believe all the things I found - high school graduation invitations, every single congratulations card I received for graduation, a scrapbook I had made, lots of pictures and many other momentos that I had forgotten about.  

I did find a few things that were thrown in the box that I could get rid of: an old canvas bag, a plastic bag, an old ac adapter that probably goes to something that I don't own anymore, 3 pieces of scrapbook paper, a sheet of stickers, 3 old gift boxes, a pile of graduation invites and a box of name cards that went with the graduation invitations. Total items: 12



May 24:  I found 3 curtain rods that don't fit any of our windows and I went through my gardening bag and found seeds that were from several years ago.  Total items: 7


Week #1: 37
Week #2: 57
Week #3: 37
Week #4: 48
Total items to date: 179!

0 comments :